Growing tired of the skinny jean? You’re in luck! One of the latest trouser trends seems to be ‘go big or go home’. When it comes to the wide-leg trouser, they could not be more on point for spring. Charged with the ability to skim over curvy hips and lengthen your legs, it’s no wonder they’re the latest trend.
One of the best parts of the wide-leg trouser? You can dress them up or down! Whether you’re headed to the office or to the beach, you’re in good hands with this latest trend. However, if this is your first time trying them out, knowing how to style them can seem a little daunting. So we came up with a list of a few tips and tricks on how to do just that, so that you can look your absolute best, no matter what the occasion is:
- You can’t judge them on a hanger. Try them on!
- Buy them long. Wide-leg trousers look best when they cover your heels.
- You don’t have to be tall to wear them. In fact, it’s great for those with shorter legs, as these pants are leg lengthening as long as they fit well at the top.
- If you’re going for a colourful pant, keep the top simple and let the pants be the star of the show.
- Try to balance out the look by wearing a slim fitted top.
- There are no rules about tucking in your shirt. Whether you want to tuck it in or not depends on the look you’re trying to achieve. For a relaxed weekend look, let it hang loose. If you’re heading to the office, tuck it in for a more professional look.
- Pair them with a jacket or structured blazer that hits no longer than your waist.
- Looking to lengthen the look of your legs? Wear them with heels! Remember, the higher the heels, the longer the legs.
Visit us in store this weekend to try the ultra-soft tencel BB Dakota multi-colour and chambray wide-leg trouser. We promise you won’t be disappointed! – VAM xx