- You can’t judge them on a hanger. Try them on!
- Buy them long. Wide-leg trousers look best when they cover your heels.
- You don’t have to be tall to wear them. In fact, it’s great for those with shorter legs, as these pants are leg lengthening as long as they fit well at the top.
- If you’re going for a colourful pant, keep the top simple and let the pants be the star of the show.
- Try to balance out the look by wearing a slim fitted top.
- There are no rules about tucking in your shirt. Whether you want to tuck it in or not depends on the look you’re trying to achieve. For a relaxed weekend look, let it hang loose. If you’re heading to the office, tuck it in for a more professional look.
- Pair them with a jacket or structured blazer that hits no longer than your waist.
- Looking to lengthen the look of your legs? Wear them with heels! Remember, the higher the heels, the longer the legs.
If there is one thing that was made abundantly clear to us this week, it’s that if you want to live in a lush and green world, you’re going to need to create it yourself.
While I’ll be the first to admit that Mother Nature is toying with our emotions, I can say that our current obsession has taken some of sting away from freak snowstorms like the one yesterday.
Currently we are craving cacti, air plants and succulents. There’s something so cool about a plant that can injure you. Or something that looks as exotic and fresh as an air plant.
The best part of about air plants, succulents and cacti is the upkeep, these plants are relatively easy to keep alive and their sturdy nature is great for people who want the green, but don’t have a lot of time to garden.
We’re also lucky that our favourite spot to pick up some greenery happens to be right up the road on Parkdale. Next time you’re in the mood for some next-level plants, visit our friend Kat at Blumenstudio for some amazing succulents and air plants, and a cup of coffee too!
Today, for the first time in MONTHS I felt like Spring. I know it’s a cliche to say that everything is awakening and that we are so so SO excited that Spring is coming, but how can we not say it if it’s true!!
These days it’s hard not to swell with joy at the sight of the sun after 7pm and the squish of mud under our rain boots. The tights are going away, I’ve started moisturizing my feet in preparation for sandals. (Have you checked out our Saltwater Sandal collection?!)
But what I am most excited for now is to GO BIKING. I had a small chilly taste of the bike paths on Sunday, but I can feel it, the time for bike rides is upon us and along with it come all of the best things about biking: soaking up local food, shops and culture.
Last year I was gifted a beautiful bike from Tall Tree Cycles. (now located conveniently right next door!) And when the weather is nice I try to take it everywhere I go.
Probably the best thing about bikes — if you don’t count the fun, the health aspect, the environment, the lack of traffic and just how awesome it is — is the biking fashion. Check out after the jump for our picks for amazing (Stylish) bike wear.
And for more bike style inspiration, make sure you check out our friends over at Ottawa Velo Vogue!!
Adeana Tobacco Cherry Leather Flats – Pour La Victoire: ON SALE: $75
Mandalay Shorts – Pink Stitch: $79
Botanic Tank – Finders Keepers: $110
Bronte Grey Boots:
$265 ON SALE $198
p.s. make sure you keep an eye on our online store for some VERY interesting updates. Can you spot the hint of what’s to come??